Do you need something easy but show stopping? Do you have a fridge full of veggies and are like “… well shit.”? Just feeling lazy? Need gluten free? THIS IS FOR YOU!
Hecking Good Eggplant Roast:
It comes out like lasagna but cheaper and easier.
4 c. fresh Leafy Greens or two cups frozen (I used spinach and kale)
1 c.Mushroom ripped into pieces
1 big fat Eggplant
1 12 oz package Cream Cheese
2 T. Italian Seasoning
2 T. Olive Oil
1 16 oz jar Tomato Sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 425 (if you’re into that kinda thing)
2) Dump your greens and the cream cheese into a mixing bowl and nuke on high for 3ish minutes
3)Slice eggplant thin
4) Drizzle one Tbsp oil into bottom of baking dish.
5) Layer eggplant, mushrooms, eggplant, cream cheese & leaves, eggplant, sauce, eggplant, remainder of oil and spices, eggplant. sauce.
6) Bake 30 minutes or until sauce is boiling on edges.
7) Let cool. Enjoy
Yeah, it was too good to wait so it has one slice out of it and there’s about to be another gone. I Regret Nothing.