So you have a bag of tortillas in your fridge. They’re getting a little dry. You don’t have all the stuff for enchiladas, or burritos…
You will need
1) Put a cookie sheet in oven. Preheat to 400
2) Lightly coat both sides of each tortilla with oil.
3) Stack tortillas, slice in half
4) Stack the halves. Repeat until tortillas are in eighths.
5) Take hot cookie sheet from oven, lay as many triangles as will fit in a single layer
6) Bake until chips are crisp and brown.
7) Approximately 8-10minutes but it will vary wildly based on your over, cookie sheet, and the kind of tortillas you use. So stick around and watch them.
1) Mince garlic, onions, and peppers. (food processor okay)
2) Chop tomato and cucumber
3) Mix and salt to taste
Take your awesome warm chips out and refresh the batch, have cold salsa with hot chips,
OR once they are done start stacking some nachos in your pan.
Leave the last batch in the pan as the bottom layer. These can be made more epic with the edition of a can of black beans.
Drain the beans and then layer them over the fresh chips.
Add a layer of chips
Then a layer of cheese.
Add whatever other awesome things you think go on nachos in the next layer.
Pop them into the hot oven until the cheese is melted.
Bust this out on movie night and share with people you like.