Why wasn’t this already a thing?
- 12 strips of your favorite veggie bacon
- 1 onion minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp cup vegetable oil
- Mix everything but bacon in a bowl.
- Heat your waffle iron.
- Lay bacon onto the iron. Close and sear bacon lightly.
- Pour batter over half-cooked bacon, close.
- Cook until waffle. Serve with hot sauce, gravy or other awesome condiment.