So this recipe has a few stages. First we make the eggplant, then we make a sandwich. Hell, we make sandwiches all damn week and make our office mates hella jelly with how good they are.
Roasted Marinated Eggplant:
The sandwich slices will keep for a week or so in the fridge.
2 large eggplants
2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
2 T. Chili Sauce (like Sriracha)
3 T. Soy Sauce
1 t Oregano
1 t Black Pepper
1 t powdered garlic
1 t powdered onion
1/2 cup water
1) Peel eggplant in long stripes. Like this >
2) Slice into 1 cm thick slices. Set aside.
3)In a bowl whisk all the ingredients, then add the eggplant
4) Marinate for 4~ish hours
5) Lay out on lightly greased cookie sheet. Spoon remaining marinade over slices. Bake at 450 degrees for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Note: This can also be done on the grill with vegan burgers. nom nom nom
Roasted Eggplant & Avocado Sandwich:
A few fat slices of roasted Eggplant
1/2 an Avocado
2 Slices Sourdough or Rye Bread
1/2 c. Chopped red and orange bell peppers
1) Toast the bread.
2) Spread the Avocado on the toast (I know millennials, right?)
3) Add eggplant and peppers
4) Eat while warm, just post the photos here to Social Media. I really won’t mind. 🙂
The comments will be like: